The blog covers the period from December 17, 2005 - April 30, 2010. The information in this blog was brought over from my handwritten notes, various documents, and email accounts which transpired during this period.



Friday, October 1, 2010

November - December 2008

November 6, 2008


December 1, 2008

From: moondancer5@... 
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 1:07 PM
To: Collister, Brian
Subject: Story on the WAO

You just ran a story about a couger cub that was sent to the Wild Animal Orphanage here in San antonio.  I'm really sorry this poor animal was sent to the WAO, to be "taken care of."  This poor animal doesn't have a chance.  I'm also sorry that the WAO is getting more undeserved publicity.  I remember a story that Tanji Patton came out with, I was one of the people she spoke to, outlineing just a few of the problems this facility has.  What ever happened to that story??  I'm really sorry it didn't go any further.

They are under investigation by several agencies.  You can find a lot of info at resxano.org/wao.  I know for a fact that a lot of these charges are true, I worked there for long enough to realize how awful things are there, and decided that I couldn't work in a place that.  Remember the pits full of dead animals?  Too many animals "mysteriously" die and/or dissappear.  Please, if you run any more stories about the WAO, please make sure you put out all the facts.




No comments:

Post a Comment